In 2018 Council undertook extensive community consultation to find out how regularly local parks and playgrounds were used in Canterbury-Bankstown area. From that feedback, a draft 10-year Playground and Play Spaces Strategic Plan was developed to detail and guide:
- the future maintenance and upgrading of the City’s existing playground and play space facilities; and
- where play equipment should be installed in proposed new parks to meet the needs of the growing population.
We asked residents to provide comments on the draft strategic plan and then, once further adjustments were made, the Playgrounds and Play Spaces Strategic Plan was adopted.
The following program of works are proposed for parks in the Croydon Park area and we are now seeking feedback and comments from the community. The following works are proposed:
- The playground at Rosedale Reserve will be upgraded in 2021/22;
- The playground at Broad Street Reserve will be maintained at the current level; and
- The old playground equipment at Bowden Park will be removed and the park will be returned to open space in 2020/21.
This exhibition will be from Wednesday 16 September to Friday 2 October 2020. Council will accept comments and feedback to 5pm Friday 2 October 2020.
How to have your say
You are invited to have your say by completing an online submission below. If you have questions or want to learn more about the project, please contact the Council officers listed on this page.
By post to Mr Matthew Stewart, General Manager, City of Canterbury Bankstown PO Box 8, Bankstown NSW 1885