Consultation has concluded, feedback on this project will be available shortly.
At the Ordinary Meeting on 27 March 2018, Canterbury-Bankstown Council endorsed a new Asbestos Policy. This Policy has been developed to outline:
- the role of Council and other organisations in managing asbestos
- Council’s relevant regulatory powers
- Council’s approach to dealing with naturally occurring asbestos, sites contaminated by asbestos and emergencies or incidents
- general advice for residents on renovating homes that may contain asbestos
- Council’s development approval process for developments that may involve asbestos and conditions of consent
- waste management and regulation procedures for asbestos waste in the LGA
- sources of further information.
The process of managing Asbestos is highly regulated. This Asbestos Policy is based on the Model Asbestos Policy for NSW Councils developed by the Office of Local Government.
Dates of Exhibition (start and end)
Thursday 19 April to Friday 18 May 2018.
The policy was adopted by council on 22 May 2018.