The Planning Proposal (PP_2019_CBANK_005) seeks to:
- Produce a single set of planning rules for our City by combining and aligning Bankstown LEP 2015 and Canterbury LEP 2012 into a Consolidated Local Environmental Plan.
- Implement key actions of current land use strategies to:
- Change zones and building envelopes in parts of the centres in Greenacre, Padstow, Revesby, Yagoona, Birrong, Condell Park, East Hills, Panania, Regents Park and certain neighbourhood centres.
- Change zones and building envelopes at key development sites along main roads and other employment lands.
- Better reflect the existing use of the Kelso Waste Precinct.
- Protect existing local open space and biodiversity.
- Achieve better standards of design quality and sustainability across the City.
When finalised, the Consolidated Local Environmental Plan will be a legal planning instrument used by planning authorities when assessing development applications. It will apply to the Canterbury Bankstown Local Government Area. The NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has not issued delegation for Council to make the LEP, it will ultimately make the plan.