Consultation has concluded
Considering ecological sustainable development is a requirement of the Local Government Act 1993 and embedding sustainability into all functions and services is necessary for the long-term protection of the environment.
Council is committed to being leaders in environmental sustainability. The policy aims to influence the actions of many areas of Council operations in order to achieve improved performance and accountability for environmental and sustainability outcomes. Actions the policy will guide include:
- adopting an evidence-based approach in responding to climate change and working towards net-zero by 2050
- reducing waste to landfill and recovering resources to support the circular economy
- protection of local biodiversity through habitat restoration and increasing tree canopy
- applying sound ecological principles to the management of catchments and waterways
- working with the community delivering programs to support a healthy environment
- embedding Aboriginal cultural heritage in natural open space planning and management
A number of supporting strategies, roadmaps, guidelines and action plans are currently under development.
Timeline item 1 - complete
Tuesday 14 March 2023 - Sunday 16 April 2023 5:00PM
This consultation is open for contributions.
Timeline item 2 - complete
Sunday 16 April 2023 5:00PM
Contributions to this exhibition are closed, reviewed and reported back to the project team.
If you have questions or want to learn more about the project, please contact us via the following:
|Name||Community Engagement Team|
CBCity 2028 Destinations
Liveable and Distinctive
A well designed, attractive city which preserves the identity and character of local villages.