Council has received feedback from the community requesting safety improvements at the Waterloo Road and Banksia Road Greenacre intersection. The key concerns at this high pedestrian activity site are the high number of accidents and, illegal driving manoeuvres taking place.
At the current time, the intersection is signposted "No Right Turn" and it is illegal for motorists to turn right from Banksia Road onto Waterloo Road
Council is currently investigating and seeking community comments and feedback on the proposal to install:
- A median island on Waterloo Road at the intersection with Banksia Road, Greenacre; and
- No Right Turn signage on Waterloo Road preventing motorists (heading in a southerly direction) to turn right onto Banksia Road.
The key benefit for installing a median island at this site is that the device will restrict illegal right turn movements from Banksia Road. However it also prevents motorists on Waterloo Road ( heading in a southerly direction) to turn right into Banksia Road. Council is in discussions with Punchbowl Bus Company to determine an alternate route for bus services that currently turn right from Waterloo Road into Banksia Road.
Council is now seeking your feedback on this Safer Roads Proposal for Waterloo Road and Banksia Road Greenacre. You can provide your feedback by:
- Completing the online questionnaire below
- Emailing directly to email@example.com or
- Post to Mr Matthew Stewart, General Manager, City of Canterbury Bankstown, PO Box 8, Bankstown NSW 1885.
The community consultation period for this proposal closes at 5pm on Monday 17 August 2020 after which, the proposal and community feedback will be reviewed and considered at a future Traffic Committee Meeting.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please contact Council’s Traffic Engineer Chris White, on 9707 5405 or speak with an Engagement Officer on 9707 9602.