Consultation has concluded, feedback on this project will be available shortly.
The community is being encouraged to provide feedback on the future of a major precinct in Canterbury-Bankstown.
A draft master plan for Parry Park, in Lakemba is now on public exhibition.
Parry Park is a highly accessible and functional open space precinct. Council’s Open Space Strategy and Open Space Needs Review has identified a significant gap in open space in the Lakemba area.
The master plan proposes:
- Parkland, including a playground, picnic area, exercise equipment and a potential water play zone;
- Additional walking and cycling paths;
- An events precinct, complete with parking;
- Improvements to existing sporting fields;
- Street parking.
It is hoped that the masterplan will enable Parry Park to become a major recreation destination and sports hub enabling approximately 30,000 community members who would use the area.
Give your feedback on the draft master plan online during the public exhibition period or in person at one of the community consultation sessions.
The draft plan is on Public Exhibition until the close of business Tuesday 27 February 2018.
Four community consultation sessions will be hosted on:
- Saturday 10 February (9.30am-12.30pm) at Parry Park (next to Lakemba Sports Club – central building opposite Colin Street)
- Monday 12 February (5.30-7pm) at Parry Park (next to Lakemba Sports Club – central building opposite Colin Street)
- Tuesday 13 February (3-6pm) at Lakemba Station (northern station entrance on Railway Parade)
- Saturday 17 February (10am-noon) at Greenacre Town Centre (McGuigan Place playground at 154 Waterloo Road, Greenacre)
If you are unable to complete the online survey, written submissions must be received by 5pm on 2 March 2018:
The General Manager,
City of Canterbury Bankstown - Attention: Leanne Shedden,
PO Box 8, Bankstown NSW 1885;
Email submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parry Park Master Plan Survey
The City of Canterbury Bankstown has developed a master plan for Parry Park. We would like to know your thoughts on the plan.
Please provide your feedback in the box below (include your name and suburb), and/or complete the survey.Consultation has concluded, feedback on this project will be available shortly.