Council invites you to have your say on a Planning Proposal which intends to make the following amendments to the Canterbury Local Environmental Plan 2012 and the draft Canterbury Bankstown Local Environmental Plan 2021.
For the land at 34 Allan Avenue in Belmore, the proposed changes are to:
- Amend the zoning of the land from Zone RE1 Public Recreation to Zone R3 Medium Density Residential;
- Permit a maximum Floor Space Ratio of 0.5:1;
- Permit a maximum of 8.5m Height of Building;
- Apply 460m² minimum Lot Size Area; and
- Remove the subject site from the Land Reservation Acquisition Map.
For the land known as Benda Street Reserve in Belmore, the proposed changes are to:
- Amend the zoning of the land from Zone R3 Medium Density Residential to Zone RE1 Public Recreation;
- Remove a maximum Floor Space Ratio of 0.5:1;
- Remove a maximum of 8.5m Height of Building; and
- Remove the 460m² minimum Lot Size Area.
The intended outcome of the Planning Proposal for 34 Allan Avenue is to remove the intended land reservation (for public purposes) as the land is of low priority for Council’s purposes of acquisition. The intended outcome for Benda Street Reserve is to formalise the existing use of the reserve as a public open space.
The Minister for Planning has delegated the making of the Plan to Council, subject to the Planning Proposal being consistent with the requirements of the Gateway Determination.
Timeline item 1 - active
Wednesday 11 May 2022 - Friday 10 June 2022
This consultation is open for contributions.
Timeline item 2 - incomplete
Friday 10 June 2022 05:00 pm
Contributions to this exhibition are closed, reviewed and reported back to the project team.
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Report to Council
The Proposal with a summary of the community feedback received over this exhibition period is considered by Council.
If you have questions or want to learn more about the project, please email us or contact the Council officers listed below.
By post to Mr Matthew Stewart, General Manager, City of Canterbury Bankstown PO Box 8, Bankstown NSW 1885