Council invites you to have your say on the revised planning proposal for 5-9 Croydon Street, Lakemba.
The planning proposal is intended to enable the site to be redeveloped for high density development by:
- Increasing the maximum allowable building height on parts of the site from 18 metres to part 18m, 24m and 33m.
- Increasing the maximum allowable Floor Space Ratio on the site from 1.6:1 to 2:1.
In November 2019, Council resolved to re-exhibit proposed changes to the planning proposal. The changes involve:
- Removing a part of the planning proposal about the delivery of the laneway.
- Adding a “satisfactory arrangements clause” which requires the applicant to negotiate a planning agreement with state government.
- Demonstrating consistency with the Sydenham to Bankstown Urban Renewal Corridor Strategy.
The planning proposal is the subject of a Gateway Determination dated 22 October 2015 and Council does not have delegation to finalise the Plan.
The planning proposal is accompanied by a draft planning agreement which requires the developer to construct and dedicate to Council a new laneway 8.9m wide along the full length of the northern and western boundaries of the subject site.
The exhibition may be viewed at the following locations:
- Campsie Customer Service Centre, 137 Beamish Street, Campsie (weekdays 9.00am to 5.00pm, public holidays excepted)
- Bankstown Customer Service Centre, 66-72 Rickard Road in Bankstown (weekdays 8.30am-5.00pm, public holidays excepted),
- Lakemba Library and Knowledge Centre, 62 The Boulevarde, Lakemba
The exhibition period for the Revised Proposal and Draft Planning Agreement for 5-9 Croydon St, Lakemba is from 17 December to 5pm, Wednesday 5 February 2019.
Have your say
Council is now seeking your feedback on the revised planning proposal and draft planning agreement. You can have your say by:
- Completing the online submission below;
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By post to Mr Matthew Stewart, General Manager, City of Canterbury Bankstown - Attn: Community Engagement, PO Box 8, Bankstown NSW 1885.
For more information
If you would like to discuss this project, please contact the Engagement team on 9707 9602.