Consultation has concluded
An essential part of our role as a local council is the ongoing upgrades and maintenance of the public spaces and facilities used by our 361,000 residents and local businesses community.
We make a significant financial investment in projects, ranging from multi-million dollar town centre and open space upgrades, to smaller footpath, drainage or traffic improvement work that help residents move around our streets safely and comfortably.
We recognise that while these projects offer important community benefits, we also recognise we create implications as we build and operate this infrastructure.
The City of Canterbury Bankstown is proud of how we tailor our programs and facilities to address the needs of our community. We are guided by a range of NSW State Government and Council frameworks, including our Community Participation Plan, Community Engagement Framework, Policy and Toolkit.
We consult and explore the demographics of our multicultural community to communicate in ways that work for you.
Our commitment to being a leading and engaged city, with leaders who listen to our community, means that we want to do better.
The purpose of the Capital Works – Community and Stakeholder Framework initiative is to work with our communities and stakeholders to co-create a more consistent process for consulting on our capital projects. This is your opportunity to provide feedback on how Council should consult with our community in designing and delivering projects in the future.
In line with Council’s engagement principles, this plan will be developed by:
- co-designing a Framework with the local community and stakeholders – using online surveys (like this), targeted workshops and a digital engagement page for ongoing feedback
- delivering a consistent and flexible Capital Works – Community and Stakeholder Framework for consulting with the community using timeframes and tools you have helped create
- providing an opportunity to provide feedback on the draft Framework before it is finalised
- supporting Council staff to understand and embed the Framework in their daily work
- sharing the final Framework broadly, so the community knows what to expect and how to work with Council when projects impact them.
How to have your say
Thank you for your interest in this exhibition. Submissions are now closed. All feedback and comments received will be reviewed and considered by Council.
Timeline item 1 - complete
21 March 2022 - 3 April 2022
This consultation is open for contributions.
Following engagement, all submissions and comments will be reviewed to help further refine the Framework.
Timeline item 2 - active
Development of Capital Works - Community and Stakeholder Framework
4 April 2022 to 31 May 2022
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Consultation of Draft Capital Works- Community and Stakeholder Framework document
June 2022 onwards
The document will be available for feedback and comment.
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Final report to be reviewed by Council
If you have questions or want to learn more about the project, please contact the Council officers listed below.
By post to Mr Matthew Stewart, General Manager, City of Canterbury Bankstown PO Box 8, Bankstown NSW 1885