Consultation has concluded
Council invites you to have your say on the revised planning proposal to amend the Canterbury Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2012 and Canterbury Development Control Plan (DCP) 2012 in relation to the land at 15-33 Brighton Avenue, Croydon Park by Wednesday 16 December 2020.
What are the intended outcomes of the proposal?
The intended outcomes of this proposal are to amend the Canterbury LEP 2012 to enable high density residential development of a small isolated pocket of industrial lands surrounded by residential uses in a location within 150m of an existing local centre.
The site recommended for rezoning, associated planning controls and a site specific development control plan are intended to ensure development outcomes which are appropriate for the surrounding context while providing housing diversity to future residents.
The purpose of this planning proposal is to:
- Rezone the land from IN2 Light Industrial to R4 High Density Residential;
- Introduce a maximum building height of part 14 metres and part 17.5 metres across the site;
- Increase the maximum Floor Space Ratio from 1:1 to 1.4:1
Please be advised that the proposed zoning, height and floor space ratio have not changed from the last exhibition.
What is on exhibition?
There are two documents that you can have your say on related to the amendments in Croydon Park:
- The revised Planning Proposal (PP_2015_CANTE_004_03); and
- The revised draft amendments to Canterbury DCP 2012 (Chapter F10).
Other supporting documents that have informed the revised Planning Proposal and draft DCP amendments will be available to view.
Please also note:
- The Minister for Planning has not delegated the making of this Plan to Council; and
- there will not be any community information sessions hosted or hard copy documents available for public viewing at Council’s Customer Service centres and libraries (as part of this exhibition) due to restrictions associated with COVID-19.
How to have your say
Thank you for your interest in this exhibition. Submissions are now closed. All feedback and comments received will be reviewed and considered by Council.