Have your say on the planning proposal to amend the Bankstown Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2015, Bankstown Development Control Plan (DCP) 2015 and Planning Agreement Letter of Offer in relation to the land at 74 Rickard Road and Part 375 Chapel Road Bankstown.
What is on exhibition?
The following documents are available that you can have your say on related to the amendments in Bankstown:
- The Planning Proposal (PP_2019_CBANK_004_00);
- Letter of offer - Planning Agreement
- The Draft Amendments to the Bankstown DCP 2015.
- Other supporting documents that have informed the revised Planning Proposal and draft DCP amendments will be available to view.
Please note: The Minister for Planning has not delegated the making of the Plan to Council.
What changes are proposed?
The purpose of the planning proposal is to:
- Permit a maximum 8:1 Floor Space Ratio on the site.
- Permit a maximum 83 metre building height on the site.
- Insert a site specific, local provision designed to specifically manage the extent of overshadowing to Paul Keating Park at 375 Chapel Road, Bankstown, to read: Development must allow for 4 hours of continuous solar access to a consolidated area of Paul Keating Park between 10am and 3pm on 21 June (inclusive of existing shadow). The size of the consolidated area must be a minimum 50% of the area of Paul Keating Park (not including the building footprint of the Council Chambers).
A planning agreement letter of offer from the proponent has been received in relation to contributions the surrounding public domain and car parking.
Please note: a separate exhibition will be held for the full Draft Planning Agreement.
Council has resolved to prepare amendments to the Bankstown Development Control Plan 2015 in relation to the same land. The amendments propose site specific controls for the purposes of a university and associated uses, including the following:
- Public domain
- Active frontages
- Solar access
- Design excellence
- Parking and transport
Western Sydney University, Bankstown Campus - Planning Proposal
How to have your say
You are invited to have your say by completing an online submission below. If you have questions or want to learn more about the project, please contact the Council officers listed on this page.
|Phone||02 9707 5592|
By post to Mr Matthew Stewart, General Manager, City of Canterbury Bankstown PO Box 8, Bankstown NSW 1885